Every day the number of miners is growing steadily, and it becomes harder to mine cryptocurrencies. However, multiple cryptocurrencies are less popular, expensive, and in demand. But if you decide to involve in Bitcoin mining seriously, then you will need special things for your mining hardware. In this article, we will show you the most reliable mining software for your convenience and safety.
The best Bitcoin mining software differs in efficiency and usability. And now there is are a lot of mining software is available on the Internet, depending on the miner types they can work with (GPU/ASIC/FPGA mining hardware), supported platforms (e.g., Windows, Mac, and Linux), and other items. But regardless of whether you choose to be part of a mining pool or mining solo on your own, you need to study each of the best bitcoin mining software options separately before choosing the one that suits you best.
However, there are some things every miner should follow:
- It’s very important to obtain reliable Bitcoin mining hardware (for bitcoin, you need a special ASIC miner);
- Choose the best bitcoin mining software that would perfectly suit you according to your requirements;
- Decide on the type of mining that you would like to do (mining pool or solo).
Keep reading our article and find out what popular mining software is right for you!
Bitcoin Mining Software In General
At this point, we hope that you are already prepared and skilled enough to start the bitcoin mining process and maybe already own the required mining hardware. If you are still not sure about your knowledge level, then please, read our comprehensive guide on bitcoin mining here.
- To begin with, the bitcoin mining software is a fundamental part of the whole mining experience. The main task of the mining software is to integrate all the existing equipment for mining bitcoin. The software displays the interface and controls the input and output of the miner, simultaneously displays statistics such as mining, clocking, and fan speed, fan rotation, and temperature, etc.
- Installing any mining software does not involve any difficulties. To choose the best mining software correctly, you need to understand what popular mining algorithms and equipment it supports. It is necessary to efficiently mine and connecting to the Bitcoin network, regardless of whether you are mining with a pool or mining solo (which is also common but not recommended).
There are a few things that you should definitely consider when choosing the right bitcoin mining software.
- To start mining, you need a central processing unit (CPU), graphics processing unit (GPU) or ASIC, mining software, and a crypto wallet for coins. Different types of cryptocurrencies may require different mining hardware to achieve the best results. For example, ASIC-type hardware is configured to validate transactions for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
- It is also important to understand that one of the most popular coins for cryptocurrency mining is Bitcoin, so Bitcoin mining software must support ASIC. But if there are several miners on the same multiple mining rigs, and you need to manage them through the same interface, you may need appropriate software to support it.
- Last but not least, choose the mining software that also supports your operating system, whether it is Mac, Linux, Windows machines, or something else. Likewise, apply market research to generate audience insights for a better understanding of the mining industry.
Where To Start
Everyone chooses the cryptocurrency that is the most convenient to them. So, if you want to mine not only a bitcoin currency but something else, it would be great for you to start with the HoneyMiner program. There are multiple cryptocurrencies on this platform so that you can mine efficiently, meeting your PC’s special requirements.
The feature is that you still earn bitcoins, even if you’re mining other crypto coins. As you can see, this is a great opportunity to start mining quickly and then level up your bitcoin mining skills to become an awesome miner. Nevertheless, the more professional miner you become, the more durable and serious equipment you need to have. Otherwise, your mining rig won’t work.
As shown in HoneyMiner’s statistics, multiple miners make up to $75 per month on average, which is really good. But it’s only if you already own at least one graphics card. Please, don’t forget about total power consumption and the upcoming bills for using the HoneyMiner or other programs’ services.
Top-5 Best Bitcoin Mining Software
1. CGminer (for Windows, Mac, Linux)
Perhaps the most popular mining software and the most commonly used GPU/FPGA/ASIC currently. This is mainly due to its cross-platform, ease of performance, and support for multiple devices and mining bitcoin pools. However, it is intended for use only by power users with high-performance computers.
- This bitcoin mining software has many functions:
- Fan speed control,
- Remote interface function,
- Self-detection of new blocks with a small database,
- Support for multiple GPUs, and CPU mining.
- The CGminer bitcoin mining program is controlled by the command-line interface written in C, which is why it’s practiced only by more advanced users.
2. BFGminer (for Raspberry PI, Windows, Mac, Linux)
The only significant difference between BFGminer and the previous bitcoin mining software is that it is not supported on GPUs but instead is designed specifically for FPGA and ASIC mining hardware. Yet, still, the command-line interface is written in C.
The advantages are also:
- The possibility of additional computer settings,
- Setting mining pool parameters,
- As well as the opportunity of dynamic synchronization by simultaneously hashing on popular mining algorithms like Scrypt and SHA256d.
- Plus, BFGminer offers advanced users a watchdog thread that has the advanced detection of new blocks and restarts idle threads, stops weak reconnections, and has remote interface capabilities.
The biggest drawback is the lack of a graphical interface, which means you need to have some technical skills. But you can use hotkeys to navigate the program more conveniently.
3. MultiMiner (for Windows, Mac, Linux)
Initially, MultiMiner is a free GUI for the BFGMiner bitcoin mining software. Now, this program has both the advanced features of the original one and a nicer, more user-friendly interface, which are perfect for beginners.
- The first time you start it after connecting to your single or multiple mining hardware (including average hashing power and processing power),
- The app will prompt you to enter information about multiple pools, give several prompts, explain unfamiliar terms, and give out all the relevant information.
- Also, MultiMiner can actively scan device characteristics (GPU, FPGA, and ASIC mining) and display the used pool in a convenient table.
- Furthermore, the program will show you the estimated “profit” for your current mining rig.
However, this software bitcoin mining program is also suitable for more advanced users and offers them services such as direct access to API settings, engine arguments, and many more.
It is also worth mentioning that MultiMiner will require additional bitcoin mining software to run on Mac OS and Linux operating systems. For a better understanding of additional requirements and other information, please tap this link.
4. EasyMiner (for Windows and Ubunto)
EasyMiner is a GUI-based open-source mining software, which is also a web version for the BFGMiner and CGMiner programs described above.
- A clear advantage is the ease of use and understandable design because not all newbies know how to work with the Command-line written in C interface and other mining devices. Here you can observe graphs of the bitcoin mining process for visual information on the bitcoin mining operations, which is undoubtedly a huge plus.
- This software can operate in mining solo mode and in a mining pool, and even “MoneyMaker,” which is a distinctive feature (this allows you to quickly create an LTC paper wallet and connect to its private mining pool, as well as a custom hash algorithm).
- When downloading a program on Windows computers, it often happens that antivirus software automatically removes EasyMiner, since some hackers have previously installed their own versions of these programs on users’ computers without their knowledge.
If you are still interested in EasyMiner but do not want to deal with antivirus warnings and the high probability of remote access for hackers, the program also works on Ubuntu, and the download link is here.
5. BitMinter (for Windows, Mac, Linux)
BitMinter has been one of the most reliable mining pools for about ten years now, which means it is one of the oldest bitcoin mining software on the market. In other words, the developers of the service had a lot of time to develop an excellent mining client that allows the bitcoin mining process to be fast and efficient.
- BitMinter has a very user-friendly graphical interface, and progressive statistics and analytics are the main distinguishing benefits for sure.
- But along with this, there is also the impossibility of changing the pool for further cryptocurrency mining work.
- However, it is worth noting that this bitcoin mining software was created to work exclusively with the BitMinter pool. That is, you will need to create an account on their official website. It’s quite easy to do, though. You just need to register and fill in all the required fields, and then it will securely process personal data.
- The website itself is quite clear because it meets the requirements of “easy-to-understand design” and “easy to withdraw your crypto funds.”
Despite all the advantages of this software bitcoin mining program, in July 2020, it stopped working and is no longer available.
Bitcoin Mining Summary
As we said earlier in the article, bitcoin mining software is fundamental for running a mining rig. It connects the hardware to the network, helps you to control the mining operation status, and also securing transactions.
When you have already connected the mining software to your hardware, you also need to consider two important things:
1. Don’t forget to obtain a bitcoin wallet. It is used to store your crypto funds in a specific secure place on the Internet or offline. The desktop bitcoin wallet is an irreplaceable thing to have when you mine bitcoin cryptocurrency. Still, there is also a hardware wallet option, which is honestly the best way to keep your crypto savings.
2. Never click on the suspicious-looking links while searching for a way to download the bitcoin mining software. Scammers are always there to steal the bitcoins, affect browsing data, and uncover your own personal data and even precise geolocation data! Make sure that the links to programs you want to download are from official and legal websites.
Can I mine Bitcoin on my PC?
If you are determined to mine cryptocurrency or even mine multiple cryptocurrencies, and you are not afraid of the computing power electricity bills, the next step is to connect to the pool, install the bitcoin mining software. This will allow you to share the computing and hashing power of your PC over the Internet, and in return, receive a mining income. There are many programs that help you manage your mining.
What is the best Bitcoin mining software?
In our subjective opinion, there is no one particular best bitcoin mining software because each of them has its own unique specifications. But we still can recommend a MultiMiner for those newbies who are just starting to mine cryptocurrency. And for advanced users who want to mine seriously and dive into this topic, we recommend CGMiner or BFGMiner (only if you are using ASIC or FPGA).
How long does it take to mine one Bitcoin?
Naturally, free ways to get a bitcoin won’t make you a lot of money. However, if you have some free time and want to earn a little more, we recommend you start mining. Yes, it will take some time to figure it out and then not lose face. But in the end, you may be pleasantly surprised by the result, so take your time. The main thing at the initial stage is to learn everything thoroughly. You will find a list of the best bitcoin mining software, as well as their description, in the article above. Good luck with your mining!