Recently, more and more Bitcoin exchanges are starting to support Apple Pay as one of the payment options complementing the list of other options such as debit/credit card, bank account transfer, PayPal, etc. Read this guide to find out about the four easiest ways to buy Bitcoin with Apple Pay. This post will cover buying Bitcoin with Apple Pay through BitPay, Coinmama, Exodus Wallet, and Paxful, giving you the pros and cons of each platform.
Buying Bitcoin with Apple Pay on BitPay
BitPay is an Atlanta-based payment processor. In fact, if you want to find the world’s largest payment service, BitPay is what you will eventually come across. This payment processor allows its clients to receive cryptocurrency transfers and then convert the received assets to fiat currency.
BitPay has its own mobile app. With the BitPay wallet app, you can buy and exchange cryptocurrencies and even make crypto purchases. Like with a number of other crypto wallet apps, you can buy Apple Pay to buy Bitcoin with the BitPay app. This is possible due to the company’s partnership with Simplex and Wyre.
The maximum amount of Bitcoin assets that you can buy through BitPay with your iPhone (or a Mac) is 500 USD for the United States residents and 1,000 USD for users from other countries. You can use a BitPay wallet in 45 countries, including the USA, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and more.
Pros & Cons of buying Bitcoin with ApplePay through BitPay
- BitPay is a large company with a solid reputation
- BitPay payment processor supports purchases with crypto
- US customers can only enjoy a $500 purchase limit
- BitPay offers a custodial wallet service which means that your funds are controllable by the third party while you (as a wallet owner) are only able to give permission to accept or receive funds.
How to Use BitPay to buy Bitcoin with Apple Pay
Follow the guide to use BitPay to purchase BTC:
1) Download and install the BitPay wallet application on your iPhone.
2) Run the app and perform wallet settings.
3) Hit the “Buy crypto” option.
4) Specify how much crypto you want to buy
5) Choose your payment option and confirm your country
6) Proceed with the purchase vie Apple Pay
Buying Bitcoin with Apple Pay on Coinmama
Coinmama is an extremely popular cryptocurrency exchange platform that has been in business for eight years already. This platform offers its services in 188 countries. On Coinmama, you can buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a number of other popular cryptocurrencies with credit cards (look for more details on how to buy altcoins with a credit/debit card here). And now, Coinmama supports buying Bitcoin with Apple Pay. Coinmama is a very user-friendly service that instantly sends purchased assets.
The only downside in that matter is the platform’s fee policy – fees are quite high on Coinmama. However, with Apple Pay as a payment method, you will pay fewer fees than on some other platforms, especially if you take market premiums into account.
Pros & Cons of buying Bitcoin with ApplePay through Coinmama
- Coinmama’s services are available globally
- This is a highly reputable company
- Coinmama has a great client support team
- Relatively high fees
- Not all US states are available
How to Use Coinmama to buy Bitcoin with Apple Pay
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Apple Pay to get BTC:
1) Create your own Coinmama Bitcoin wallet (go here for more details on how to get a Bitcoin wallet).
2) When on the site’s main page, choose the number of Bitcoins you wish to purchase.
3) Hit the Buy button to proceed with the order.
4) Provide the service with your personal data, including your photo ID – the identity verification process will take under two hours.
5) Insert your Bitcoin wallet address.
6) Choose Apple Pay in the list of supported payment methods.
7) Proceed with the payment.
Buying Bitcoin with Apple Pay on Exodus Wallet
Exodus is another place where you can buy Bitcoin with Apple Pay easily. This service has been in business since 2015. Apple Pay has recently been added to the Exodus list of payment methods with a $250 purchase limit. This platform lets customers buy Bitcoins (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), and a bunch of other popular altcoins with fiat money in 40 countries. Like the previous two platforms, Exodus also has its own app, which is very user-friendly and works perfectly for a beginner.
Pros & Cons of buying Bitcoin with ApplePay through Exodus
- The platform allows users to perform in-app purchases
- Exodus has a user-friendly iOS application
- A limited list of supported countries
- Low purchase limits
How to Use Exodus to buy Bitcoin with Apple Pay
1) Download and install the Exodus iOS application.
2) Launch the application and navigate to the Profile tab.
3) Click the Buy bitcoin button.
4) Choose how many Bitcoins you want to purchase and hit the Pay option.
5) Confirm the Apple Pay purchase.
6) After the purchase is performed, Exodus will add assets to your wallet shortly.
Buying Bitcoins with Apple Pay on Paxful
Paxful is a P2P-type cryptocurrency exchange platform founded back in 2015. On Paxful, users can buy Bitcoin using a number of payment options, including a bank transfer, a debit/credit card, Skrill, Neteller, etc. And, of course, you can use Apple Pay as a payment method on Paxful. The good thing about Paxful is that it does not charge any fees. However, in some cases, a seller can charge a premium fee, so keep that in mind. You should also remember that since Paxful is a peer-to-peer platform, you always have to evaluate each seller’s reliability because P2P platforms are not responsible for any seller’s actions.
Pros & Cons of buying Bitcoin with ApplePay through Paxful
- The platform does not have any fees
- Low purchase limits
- High seller premiums
How to Use Paxful to buy Bitcoin via Apple Pay
Follow the plan below:
1) Create a user account and verify your personal data.
2) Choose Apple Pay as your payment method.
3) Select the exchange rate currency.
4) Proceed with the offer search.
5) Choose the seller you want to purchase cryptocurrency from.
6) Choose how much you want to buy.
7) Follow the instructions and hit the Mark as a Paid option.
8) After that, the seller will send purchased Bitcoins to your account.
The Easiest Way to Buy Bitcoin via Apple Pay
With all the information above, we would say that the easiest way to buy Bitcoin or any other supported altcoin with Apple Pay is probably doing it through the Coinmama platform.
And here is why:
- Coinmama is available in a large number of countries worldwide
- The company has a solid reputation and is one of the top-recommended altcoin exchanges
- Coinmama’s customer support team is amazing
- Despite having relatively high fees, at the same time, there are not seller premiums on Coinmama.
- There are also no purchase limits
- Coinmama sends purchased assets in no time
- The platform’s web interface is extremely easy to use (perfect for beginners)
- Finally, a multiple payment methods integration includes a credit card paying option, a bank transfer, SEPA, SWIFT, Fedwire, and more.
Let’s make a quick recap on how to buy BTC on Coinmama with Apple Pay:
1) Create your Bitcoin wallet.
2) Go to the Coinmama website.
3) Choose how much BTC you want to purchase and hit the Buy Now button on the sidebar.
4) Complete the Know-Your-Customer procedure.
5) Insert your Bitcoin address.
6) Choose Apple Pay as a payment option.
7) Confirm the purchase.
Buying altcoins with Apple Pay becomes easier each day since more and more platforms are starting to receive payments made via this iOS app. However, as of today, the choice is still not that wide to get confused, and reasons for choosing a particular platform are quite obvious:
- Coinmama is the best choice for United States residents that want to purchase large amounts of BTC assets. This is a 100% safe platform with no purchase limits and fast purchase processing.
- Exodus will work for those who want to purchase a smaller amount of cryptocurrencies and look for easier transactions. The United States users are most welcome.
- Finally, Paxful is a top recommendation for users from other countries.
- All of the aforementioned platforms allow users to buy altcoins both using a web browser or a mobile application.
- Platforms support multiple languages, including English, Chinese, Russian, German, etc.
How do I find my Bitcoin purchase history?
If you want to track down your altcoin transaction history, please visit https://www.blockchain.com/explorer. When you enter the page, use the search bar to look for details related to a certain Bitcoin address, transaction hash, or block number. Just enter the data and wait for search results.
How to buy AppleCoin?
You can buy AppleCoin in ten steps:
- Create an account on Coinbase and add your payment data on the account settings page;
- Buy some altcoins on the platform that you can later exchange to AppleCoin;
- Then go to Binance and create your account there;
- In the Deposit section of the Funds menu, select the coin that you previously purchased through CoinBase to gain a unique send address;
- Go back to CoinBase and send the assets to your Binance account;
- Return to Binance and confirm the incoming transaction;
- Stay on Binance and navigate to the exchange tab and set a buy order;
- Choose the AppleCoin exchange and proceed with the purchase;
- When you’ve successfully traded your altcoins to AppleCoin, save your funds in a secure wallet.
Does Apple accept BTC?
It does now. BitPay upgraded its application so that now any iPhone user can pay with BTC or any other supported altcoin via Apple Pay. This option is available in most countries around the world.
Can I buy Bitcoin with Google Pay?
With Google Pay, you can buy altcoins on Vertex, an international peer-to-peer cryptocurrency market. However, there is a chance that in the nearest future, BitPay will issue an update to its application that will allow Android users to buy BTC and other popular altcoins via Google Pay.