It does not matter whether you have been familiar with the process of trading cryptocurrencies for a long time now, or have just become a newcomer to this sphere, the CoinDCX crypto trading platform should be something you have heard about, as it is known to be the biggest crypto exchange in India that is also supported by Coinbase.
Want to find the best cryptocurrency exchange? Then CoinDCX trading platform might be the right choice for you, as it is backed by some of the well-known names of the crypto industry.
For more information on CoinDCX, please read further: in this CoinDCX review we will cover all the perks and cons of this crypto exchange!
This cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2018 with the headquarters being situated in Mumbai. CoinDCX has many well-known investors, such as Coinbase, Polychain, 100x Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures.
5.5 million dollars were funded into CoinDCX in three rounds by ten various investors, including those that we have described above.
Moreover, CoinDCX has more than 2 million users that trust the platform with their money.
CoinDCX works by dragging its liquidity from other exchanges, such as Binance. In addition, working at CoinDCX is quite a user-friendly experience, so you will be able to grasp how it works from the first try.
The unique selling point that distinguishes CoinDCX from other platforms is its provision of many cryptocurrencies and altcoins, so Bitcoin would not be your only finding at CoinDCX. But this great feature has its own disadvantage: there is a higher chance that more scam coins could be found on the platform in comparison with other ones, as a newly launched altcoin would not be checked as fast as we would want.
On the positive side, CoinDCX is not restricted only to the Indian population: anyone can create a CoinDCX account and use it, but only Indians can take part in the INR markets. Read on the CoinDCX review for more details.
As we have already mentioned before, CoinDCX supports more than 100 cryptocurrencies, and when it comes to traditional trading, even more opportunities could be found here.
As for the examples of supported cryptocurrencies at CoinDCX:
- USDT, USDC, DAI
- ETH, DOGE, TRX, EOS, XRP
CoinDCX accepts payment methods of three different kinds, all of which can be used to deposit INR into your CoinDCX account:
- By using Mobikwik Wallet with the help of Netbanking or your debit card
- By regular NEFT/IMPS/RTGS bank transfer
- By instant NEFT/IMPS/RTGS bank transfer
In addition to depositing crypto coins, CoinDCS also allows you to deposit fiat currency (INR), but only through a wire transfer.
With the help of CoinDCX, you can do many interesting things with your cryptocurrencies. Interested in their details? Well, you can find them below.
Momentary Purchases of Cryptocurrency
With CoinDCX, you can instantaneously buy and sell more than 100 cryptocurrencies with just one tap. However, there is one drawback here: in comparison with other cryptocurrency exchanges, CoinDCX does not support debit or credit cards.
Alternatively, the users of CoinDCX should deposit their Indian rupees with the help of a bank transfer.
It might take a little bit longer to process bank transfers, but this way was found to be easier for newcomers, as you only use two buttons for making transactions: “buy” or “sell”.
What is more, CoinDCX has its own simplest cryptocurrency apps, which are very easy to use and understand at the first glance! CoinDCX Go is made specifically for your cryptocurrency investments, while CoinDCX Pro is used for the exchange of various cryptos.
You can connect your bank account to the CoinDCX app to buy cryptocurrencies even faster, as well as track the changes in prices on the go.
You can also find more traditional features at CoinDCX, such as regular exchange with its TradingView charts, market and limit orders, and order books.
The main advantage of CoinDCX here is that for the most part, you will be trading on the books of the most popular platforms, such as Huobi, Binance, or HitBTC, which means that the liquidity of your deals will be the same.
However, please note that when making INR trading paris, you actually use CoinDCX themselves, and in this case, the liquidity of the exchange is not so great.
Lending and Staking
With the help of lending and staking services, you also have an opportunity to create a passive income for yourself at CoinDCX.
What we mean by that is that you can lend some of your INR to the margin traders, with the minimum time period of such lending being 7 days. You can also use quite a wide range of cryptocurrencies for that.
As for the staking, CoinDCX allows you to stake your proof-of-stake assets on their networks, which means that you do not have to learn technical information about this process or involve any additional software: all will be done by CoinDCX for you.
There is also a possibility of using margin trading at CoinDCX with 2-10X leverage for more than 250 trading currency pairs.
As for the functionality of such an option, you can find stop-limit, bracket, and trailing stop-loss orders at CoinDCX, all ready for you to be used.
When all of the previous possibilities became too boring for you, futures trading might be exactly what you need to spice things up: the leverage for major markets here would be higher, up to 20X.
However, please remember that CoinDCX does not have its own futures, it simply uses the futures contracts that OKEx is providing the platform with.
At the same time, we have also found information about BitMEX futures contracts available at CoinDCX, but it is not quite clear whether or not you will have the same mechanism lying behind them.
In general, you will find CoinDCX fees to be below the industry average amount, no matter whether we are talking about deposits, withdrawals, or tradings.
As for the deposits, you will not have any fees when making the transaction with instant or regular bank transfers, or when depositing cryptocurrencies. However, when using Mobikwik wallet, you will receive a fee varying from 1% to 1,5%, plus GST.
When making withdrawals of Indian rupees, you will not receive any withdrawal fees, but in the case of withdrawing cryptocurrencies, you will have to pay a small fee to cover the network costs of the transaction.
Another important aspect to cover is CoinDCX trading fees, and this is where details about withdrawal fees get a bit complicated:
- For Huobi and BitBTC crypto trading pairs, the trading fee is fixed at 0,2% both for maker and taker orders. The first type of order is for those who add trade to order books, while the second type is for those who want to take an already existing order from order books.
- For Binance cryptocurrency trading pairs, the maximum trading fee you could get is 0,1% for both types of orders, and there are discounts available for those with higher trading volumes
- As for Indian rupees trading pairs, fixed trading fees would be at 0,1%
As you can see, there are quite low trading fees at CoinDCX. The minimum trading amount is also found to be quite small: INR 50, and this is what attracts users so much.
There might be some changes in the conditions of exchange charges later, so it is always better to check at the official website of CoinDCX.
And again, the limitations also can be divided into the following three groups:
- When it comes to depositing limitations, it all differs when you have know-your-customer (KYC) verification, or not. When you do have it, your maximum bank deposit limit will be 5,00,000 INR, and the Mobikwik one will be 1,00,000 INR. Without the KYC, you can only deposit up to 10,000 INR. As for the crypto deposits, with KYC there is no limitation, and without it, you can only deposit 4 BTC per one day.
- With the CoinDCX withdrawal limitations, the same story works: with KYC your maximum will be 5,00,000; without it – 10,000. When making crypto withdrawals with KYC, there is no limit, but without it, only 4 BTC per day could be withdrawn.
- As for trading limits, your purchase minimum amount for the instant-buy should be no less than 1 INR and no more than 1,00,000 INR of the maximum amount. For you to get higher fiat currency values, a KYC verification is needed. Talking about conditions for order sizes of spot and margin trading, they are not indicated, but your futures limits will depend on the type of contract that you are making.
At this moment you already know almost anything that is needed to decide whether or not you want to try out the CoinDCX platform.
If yes, here are the steps for you to register at CoinDCS:
- Open the website and find a “register” button at the top right corner of your screen to start your signup process.
- After that, you will need to fill out some personal information, such as your first and last names, email, password, and phone number. When this is done, click the “sign up” button.
- Then you will need to verify your email and phone number: for the first one you will receive a verification link to your inbox, and for the second one – an OTP.
- Next in line is verification of your bank account: for this, you will need to click on the “verify bank account” button at your already created CoinDCX account and fill in some bank details. After that, you will receive a small deposit and withdrawal to your bank account for the verification of its functionality. The last step here is to wait for the confirmation of your bank information, and for the 12-digit UTR number that you to fill in to finally verify your bank account.
- The optional step for you to do is to make a KYC verification: go into your profile and load the photos of your pan card and identity card with both of its sides for that.
The customer support of CoinDCX could have been better, in our opinion.
When you have a question to ask, you will first be sent straight away to the FAQ section of the platform, where the most basic information could be found.
But if more elaboration is needed for your problem, the customer support would not be very satisfying: you would need to send a support ticket for your question, and the average time within which you would receive an answer is from 3 to 5 days.
All in all, from this CoinDCX review you can understand that CoinDCX is a great platform for Indian citizens to try themselves out in trading, as it provides you not only with its own cryptocurrency markets but with the most trustworthy and popular ones in the world so that the highest liquidity could be found at CoinDCX within a few minutes.
The only disadvantage that we could find is the customer support of the platform, which tends to be quite slow in helping the users with their problems, but we believe that it could be fixed in the nearest future.
Aside from that, we would recommend you to use CoinDCX as your cryptocurrency exchange platform, as it provides its investors with a great variety of markets and functions, such as margin and futures trading, lending, and staking.
And as for the security, you have nothing to worry about: CoinDCX has proper security features both for the user’s account details and the transactions made with the help of it.
Sign up to CoinDCX and try it out!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I Trust CoinDCX?
Yes, you absolutely can! CoinDCX is a crypto exchange platform that has many trustworthy and solid investors, such as Binance, Coinbase, 100x Ventures, HitBTC, and Huobi.
If they can trust CoinDCX to provide fair and reliable contracts of their services, then you can too!
In addition, CoinDCX has more than 2 million users that are still choosing CoinDCX mobile app as the place to invest their hard-earned money, which only proves that the company is solid.
Is CoinDCX an Indian company?
Yes, it was founded by Neeraj Khandelwal and Sumit Gupta in 2018 and is still based in Mumbai, India, so if you are from this country and want to try out the crypto world, you definitely can use CoinDCX for that!
However, the fact that the company is of Indian origin does not place severe restrictions on people from other countries to use the platform. You can, but the only limitation that you would have is a lack of access to INR management and its trading markets.
Can I Withdraw Money From CoinDCX?
Of course, and there are three ways for you to do that: through instant or regular bank transfers, or through Mobikwik Wallet.
There would be different maximum withdrawal limitations from your CoinDCX wallet for when you have a know-your-customer verification of an account, and for when you do not, and in the first case, they would be more pleasant.
Also, as for CoinDCX withdrawal fees, you will not receive any for INR, but you will have a small one when withdrawing crypto. In any case, CoinDCX has fees that are lower than the industry average ones.
For more information, you can read our CoinDCX review placed above.
Is CoinDCX registered?
Yes, the company was registered in Singapore by the name Primestack Pte. CoinDCX also has an ISO certification of its cryptocurrency platform, and the support of many well-known crypto markets, such as Binance.