In this article, we present our review on Bither wallet. We will tell you what it is, the advantages and disadvantages of this bitcoin wallet, the registration process, and a few more important things you should know if you are interested in this wallet.
The Bither Wallet Basic Information
Bither is an open-source Bitcoin wallet. Bither cryptocurrency wallet allows you to receive, store and transfer money. This is a special program written for managing cryptocurrency and offering options for working with the available tools. It comes as a package or basically bitcoin core combined with blockchain.info providing you a desktop client for your coins and a mobile hot wallet. Through this platform, user can store their bitcoins in a cold or hot wallet. With this wallet, customers can use the cryptocurrency as pocket money, or cash, or credit card.
With the Bither wallet, users can:
- Use a large number of platforms and different devices
- Keep their funds hot and cold
- Improve security by using a random number generator
- Use hierarchical determinism for security purposes
- Switch between hot wallet running on online mode and cold wallet running on offline mode
If you decide to install this HD wallet, then you need to go to the site https://bither.net/. There you will also find additional information about the functions and usage of this type of crypto wallet.
Bither Hot Wallet Features
- The ability to check your balance through watch only mode
- The ability to prepare unsigned transaction to watch-only mode
- Security check on private keys
- Receiving a system notification about a transaction
- Real-time price exchange with up-to-date network status
- Cloning of cold wallets
- Automatically backup
- Hot wallet running on online mode
- This type also supports private keys that are password protected
- Safe flipping through hot and cold wallets using QR codes
Bither Cold Wallet Features
- Cold wallet running on the offline mode without Internet (backup phone)
- User can see their transactions using the QR code
- User can create addresses and passwords in a Bither cold wallet
- All private keys are protected
- Up-to-date network status and prices checking
- User can sign the hot wallet’s unsigned transactions
Pros and Cons of the Bither Wallet
It is customary to start the review with positive characteristics, and we also have something good to say about the Bither wallet.
Several advantages of this wallet include such features as:
- Simple and short wallet creation process;
- Sole management and control over your funds. Only the user themself can conduct transactions with their money or freeze it. But at the same time, it is still worth remembering about organizing the security of your Bither wallet and about backing up data.
- The transparency of the program is achieved by the fact that developers allow any user to check their source code. Bither is an open-source Bitcoin wallet. This may not be superfluous, as you trust your data to the company. This is necessary for installing and registering the wallet, as well as for updating the version. The source code is created differently from the fixed Bitcoin Core procedure.
- A simplified verification procedure on the Bitcoin network is used. Although the achieved level of security is slightly lower than in Bitcoin Core, a very limited amount of information about the participants in the transaction is provided to third parties.
With all the advantages of using this Bitcoin wallet, it has disadvantages in the form of the following wallet features:
- Lack or low level of confidentiality even if all prescribed and additional security measures are followed. All users can see a list of your transactions and the balance level in the Bitcoin wallet. This is because the network uses duplicate addresses. The address used is stored and can be associated with completed transactions. There is also no option to use bargaining support to prevent your payments from being linked to the IP address.
- Bither wallet has the vulnerability of the execution environment. To prevent intrusion from intruders, the user must take all measures to secure a Bitcoin wallet. To do this, you need to use two-factor authentication, use the only complex, unique passwords and private keys. It is also a good idea to transfer part of your Bitcoin savings to offline storage.
- There are static proposals on the commission. That is, the current state of the network does not affect offers. To speed up the procedure, accepting to pay a large commission since operations with a low commission will take more time.
How to Download and Install the Wallet
The wallet installation process is very simple. You need to follow these step by step instructions below:
- Follow the link: https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/windows/bither/
- Based on your device, select the correct version of the Bither wallet running on the appropriate platform.
- Download the digital client.
- After the file is fully downloaded, you need to open the folder with the file and run it. Follow the system notification that appears to complete successfully.
- Read the license agreement and accept it. Then click the “Done” button.
- Launch the desktop client wallet and start using it.
Creating the Wallet
This process is also quite simple and will not take much of your time. To create the wallet and start using it, you need:
- Run the program pre-installed on your device (in the last section, we described how to do this) and go to the menu section.
- Push the “Create” button.
- At this stage, you need to enter all the required information, including the address and wallet name.
- Save all entered data.
You can not limit yourself to creating only one wallet but create several at once.
How to Secure Wallet
The issue of security is very important not only for your pocket money but also for Bitcoin wallets.
Below we outline the steps you should take to protect yourself and your Bitcoin savings from intruders:
- Before using any resources or visiting third-party platforms, they should be checked for reliability. You can read customer reviews or find out their security policy;
- Use only reliable major Bitcoin exchanges and services with a good reputation;
- Use two-factor authentication;
- Set up automatically backup;
- Store private keys and passwords in offline mode media;
- Do not give information about access codes and your passwords to anyone;
- If you are using an unknown and unverified service, then first, it is better to conduct a transaction for a small amount for a test
To Sum Up
Bither’s multi-platform app is a good option for users. The friendly and intuitive interface will surely attract customers. But do not forget about the security levels. It is worth using all available means to ensure the safety of your wallet.
Bither offers a large number of features to its users in both modes of using the wallet. For instance, you can prepare unsigned transactions in a hot mode and then sign hot wallet’s unsigned transactions in a cold mode. Each mode supports private keys.
Is Bither safe?
Bither is a secure wallet running on cold or hot mode. To achieve greater security, users are advised to take the appropriate steps:
- Make transactions on major Bitcoin exchanges
- Use two-phase identification
- Do not give anyone your digital password or any other information necessary to log into your account
- Use backup phone
- Be careful about the security and privacy terms no matter what you use — hot wallet or cold wallet
What is the best crypto wallet?
This is an individual question, and the answer to it depends on your needs, capabilities, and even experience. So, for instance, Exodus is suitable for beginners, and Electrum is a good option for more advanced users. Other nice wallets include Ledger Nano X and S, Trezor Model T, Coinbase. If you choose the right wallet, you can use Bitcoin as simple as cash or credit card.
Is Paybis a wallet?
Paybis is a Bitcoin exchange from the UK. It is allowing users to receive coins at the wallet of their choice. So it is not a wallet itself. To work with the exchange, you can set up a crypto wallet, for example, a Bither wallet running on cold or hot mode. With it, you can use Bitcoin as simple as money on your bank card.